- Academy Awards or d Oscar Trivia- 3 Contd...
- 1st ever presentation of d Awards was d only event to escape media attention. In its 2nd year an hour of d event
was broadcasted over d Radio, but it wasn't until 1944 that d entire
ceremony was covered by d Radio Stations.A total of 15 statuettes were
given in its 1st ever presentation on 11May,1929
- From 1944-69 d Radio broadcast contd with d annual event broadcast over d Radio, Live.
- With d coming of d Television d function was relayed from d venue each spring ever since, thus making it a popular event in d Movie World.
- In its 2nd year, d Oscars were minimized, from its 12 categories only 7 were retained, Outstanding +MP, Acting Lead M/F. D 1st category to b added was d Best- Actor both M/F in supporting roles in 1936. Walter Brennan (Come & get it) & Gale Sondergaard (Anthony Adverse) were d 1st winners in this category. A Plaque was initially given to d winners until its 15th edition, when, it was replaced by d statuette in 1942.
- ***Walter Brennan would go on to receive 3 plaques in a span of 5 yrs i.e.1936/38/&40 from his 4 *BSA **noms in his acting career. Shelly Winters & Dianne Wiest both winning 2 from 3 BSA noms in 1959/65 & 1986/94 respectively . D other notable winners in this category M r Anthony Quinn with 2 wins from 2 BSA noms in 1952& 56; Peter Ustinov 2-3** in 60&64; Melvyn Douglas 2-2 in 63&79; Jason Robards, 2-3 in 76&77 being d only actor to win-in consecutive yrs,& Michael Caine 2-2 in 86&99. No F actors have won in consecutive yrs.
- 4 actors have received 4 BSA noms (M), d names r ***WB 3-4, Jack Nicholson 1-4** in 1983, while Claude Rains & Arthur Kennedy has d unique record of winning none from their 4 BSA noms.7 Actors (F) have received 4 or more BSA noms, they r, Agnes Moorhead, Geraldine Page, winning none from their 4**, Ethel Barrymore(1944) along-with Lee Grant(75),Maggie Smith(78), & Maureen Stapleton(81) won 1 from their 4 noms.Thelma Ritter has d unique record of receiving d highest BSA noms of 6 with no wins.Her 6 noms were received in a period of 12 yrs (1950-62) with 4 consecutive noms from 1(950-53).