|Sidney Lumet's debut as Dir|
- It is indeed a very tough subject to assess or of defining a successful Man's stature.
- On assessing the life of Sidney Lumet & his unique contribution to NYC, I remembered a saying that goes like as said by the great Sam Goldwyn of the MGM studio fame said "What message, we're here for Entertainment, delivering messages is the work of the Western Union. In my view he was right in his perception as he was a business-man & on their shoulders heavyset of another most important activity in Movie-Biz that is of financing, & ha s to bear the brunt of a Box-Office success or disaster & the demand of more pay-hike by the bankable stars which is a very tedious work
- This is the point which makes a Director's experience & skill come to use being the need for making superb movies with the use of low-budget productions & delivering hits. Sidney Lumet was the perfect example of making low-budget films yet do well in the Box office by his mass base that could bail out any major Studio's in H'wood .
- The movie Network with an array of stars from Al Pacino the method actor& the film has among others many cords to its records to its credit -garnering the Best Actor & Actress, Peter Finch is t the 2nd person to win ian n a lead role receiving his though he hasn't bee lucky at the Oscar's winning none from his 4 nominations From his 1st film '12 Angry Men' (57) to his farewell film "Before the Devil knows you're dead" has been a successes story & an epitome of successful themes for both the upper & the lower class of viewers, using his unique blend of using simple language for the epitome masses of attracting mass-attention in viewing his Films.
- This Great Dir breathed his last on April 9.2011 at the age of 86, it is not the end but his 43 films as Dir, shall always remain till Eternity through his cultured adaption & his works. In his book 'Making Movies' gives an acct of his collaborations, failure at some point as 'The Wiz' based on a disco version of ' The Wizard of Oz', describing that sinking feeling as a sentiment of Agony & the Ecstasy in his profession & of the pain one has to endure the hits along-with the mass failure in the Movie-Biz .